Tech support

So my dad thinks that i am his own personal tech support which is really annoying, and there are a few reasons for this.
1. Both he and my mother  went to a computer class. They paid this guy money to teach them how to send emails ans shit and they did not learn a damn thing. My mom states that it was because of the other people in the class and i told her that if they were a head of the curve they needed to let the teacher know so he could move them along while helping the rest of the class. So that was money totally wasted. They could have paid me that I could have taught them more.
2. I teach him how to do a thing more than once. For instance: when he was working evey year he needed to move files to a thumb drive. I taught him extensively how to do this thing. We had quizzes at home. I made him a detailed instruction list (1. Turn on the computer. 2. Wait for it to boot up. 3. Plug the thumb drive in to the first usb port... ect) and EVERY SINGLE DAMN YEAR he would make me go down to his job and move the files for him. And its as simple as clicking and fucking dragging.
3. He can do it he just doesnt want to. When I'm not home hes sending emails and searching the web for stuff but when I'm home he acts like a simpleton who can't count to three. Idk why you'd want to be dependent on anyone for this kind of shit. Learn it so no one needs to help you.

The point I'm getting at here is last night he wanted to add a folder to his email. Go farm 2 because he likes to make things difficult for himself. Because I can tell you now, he's going to be asking how to move emails from one place to another, not remember his email password, and want me to do it all for him. He started saying "thisis go farm one. See the one?" There was an unread email in there. So i said "dad thats not a folder one. There is an unread email in there." And he said "no. Thats go farm 1. I want to make a go farm 2." And i said " dad read the email in there." Then he went "you don't understand what i want to do." And i said "dad. When  you read the email in there the 1 will dissappear." He opened the email and I said "there do you see? Its just go farm. No more a 1 wont it confuse you with two go farms? You may be making things difficult for yourself." Then he said "why are you always treating me like I'm a dumb ass?" To which i replied "did i call you a dumbass?" Then he got mad and kept going on and on about how he will never ask me for help again. Blah blah. Blah.
The thing about it is he can memorize football stats. Who went to what college, the years they played.  Who went to what high shool what their passing record is. What coaches taugh what players and what NFL teams they play with now. But he cannot remember real shit that he needs to know. Like how to click and drag.

Comments