The wheels on the bus go round and round.....

So like normal I'm on the bus headed off to work. I'm in jeans and my favorite Ravenclaw Quidditch captain tee and feeling ill equipped to deal with going to work. But hooray today is Friday!
I get in the back if the bus and sit down and notice this very twitchy guy sitting about three seats away.
He keeps glancing my way, you know very side eye, very sneaky.
It's hard not to notice him practically bouncing in his seat.
I start thinking of a tumblr post that I saw last night. It was someone who was wondering if anyone saw them in a crowd and wanted to get to know them. I started wondering if this guy was thinking that. It surprised me because I don't get hit on. No one asks for my number, I am not appealing to the oppsite gender and it is a hard thing because I am a hetro female. Its cat lady life and spinsterhood for me apparently. Anyway back to the story...
After a half hour of him looking back he waves. I turn to look at him only to realize that there is this cute as hell girl sitting in front of me (she looks like a pixi with her short hair and large eyes.) and he had been giving her all those interested glances.
He asks her if he can talk to her, she says yes. He introduces himself. Tells her she looks pretty, asks her name and asks if he can give her his number. She's very nice to him and takes down his number. He tells her "thanks for talking to me" and goes back to his seat.
And the whole time I'm sitting here like.... of course. Ha. Not that I'm jealous or mad that it wasnt me that he talked to. I'm not sitting here going "WHY NOT MEEEEEEEEEE" I'm not heartbroken a stranger didnt talk to me.
Its just.... I thought for once, someone can see me as a pretty girl, not some awkward curly haired heavy girl. That maybe if this guy had the courage to talk to me looking like I do maybe I am a pretty girl.
But alas tis not to be. I only get hit on by weird old guys, drug addicts, and guys that I'm not attracted to. 
It was nice tho to think for a little while that someone I didn't know found me pretty enough to look at.
In any case I doged a bullet with this guy because as soon as Cute Girl left the bus he started chewing tobacco which is..... I mean as long as you like it, great! But for me, its a nasty habit. Spitting everywhere. Bleh. Gross. Really gross.

I guess its going to be a good Friday.  T.G.I.F.

Comments