Pinch nerve? Add it to the list.

For the last seven or so years, I've been having back pain. Generally speaking, it's been once a year, I'd get terrible pain, then after a week and a half or so, it would go away, like it never been.
I assumed it was muscle things and left it at that.
However, early this year it was so bad it lasted for three weeks or so. The worst pain ever, was shooting down my right leg. Apparently it was my static nerve. When I finally thought it was better, I sat down to pee, heard a ripping sound and could feel the nerve kinking up again. Worst. Thing. Ever.
But it went away with rest.

Now fast forward to this past few months. We've been super short staffed at work, made even worse by the fact that school started and my job likes to hire students. So it's bad. They found out that the classes I'm taking are over the Internet, and they've been working me everyday in the most physical jobs in my department. I'm not complaining, I'm great full to have a job, and I'll work where ever they put me. But my body is post menopausal. I'm falling apart even tho I'm still young.

My knees and legs are always in pain. And my back too. Anyway, this past Thursday, I was working in the part of my department where we send out orders to customers, and the repetitive up and down motion made my back ache. I went home and did some back stretches that night and the next morning, and felt pretty ok. But when i got home, my knees and back were so sore that no way i tried to sleep was comfortable. So I took whatever pain killers we had in our house and was able to sleep. Saturday it was sore but I needed to clean the kitchen because we had a taco party before going to see the play Funny Girl at Diamond Head Theater.
Through the intense cleaning I really truly hurt my back. I sat through the play and when I got home drugged myself all the way through Sunday in an attempt to rest for today. Unfortunately it didn't work. I went in anyway, sat through five hours of work. Went to the after hours clinic and had the Doctor tell me that I have a pinched nerve. And surgery will help but he wouldn't recommend it in someone as young as me. Losing weight was another solution but it wouldn't make the pain stop, just make the pain less frequent.
He prescribed me heavy duty pain killers (which succeed in knocking me out, but not taking away the pain) and bed rest and physical therapy.
So I get to be out for the rest of the week. Hooray. And I have to make appointments for the physical therapy. And with us being so under staffed, they're just gonna love this.

Comments