so this is what I did on my Halloween.

I know, I've been MIA this weekend. Sorry. First, it was because the start of my weekend was fairly boring, stuck at home with my dad while he watched football (I know, stimulating.) and because my sister and I cleaned house. The latter part of my weekend was awesome! XD

It started on Sunday at 1:30. My sister and I were picked up at our house by my best friend and her family so we could go and see.... Cirque Du Soleil Alegria!!

But we had two girls with us, friends of my friends family, and Alegria was a surprise. So first we started out our afternoon having a late lunch at The Old Spaghetti Factory at Ward Center. Then we went to the Neil Blaisdell Center and we were waiting when a concierge Lady for the show RUINED the surprise when she walked up to my friend Chad, and asked us if we had our tickets to Alegria.

Well the girls went nuts and were singing the theme song (they were playing it on TV for the last month in hopes to get people to go and see the show. More on that later.) and since they didn't know the words they were just making shit up which was so funny. Well the reason the lady wanted to know if we had our tickets was because there was a Chinese Commerce Festival on the other side of the Arena.

(The Blaisdell is split into two sections, The show room, where they hold the Made in Hawaii festivals and car shows, and the other section across the way called the Arena... Which is... well... the Arena.)

So we got to walk around the Chinese Festival for a half hour and watch a lion dance! For those of you who have never seen a Chinese Lion Dance, lets watch a clip of one:



Funnily enough, this is the exact same place we saw the lion dance, just three years earlier. So we watched the Lion Dancing and walked around, and had a great time. By the time they opened the doors to the arena, my feet were screaming. So we walked in and I got a program and my sister got the Alegria DVD. We walked into the area and they (they being the ushers) scolded my best friends mom, when she had a little flashlight on, and was looking at a magazine... BEFORE the performers even were thinking about going out on stage. I understand why if they were out there, but really? Anyway.

Since this was my first show I was AMAZED watching these performers do everything that they were doing! I thought I was going to faint when the Handbalancing guy came out (he was yum.) And then, the show stopper, when the trapeze guys came out and did their thing. So Exciting.



After that last but, the show was over, and we were all starving (we did eat at 2pm and it was nearly 8pm) so we went to a local place called Zippy's for dinner. We laughed and ate and talked about the show. It was fun to spend time with my second family.

This is my last big thing before my surgery in December. I wanted to remember that day because I know that it'll be a long long long time before I can do anything like that again. I just hope that I'm all healed up and ready to go in April because there's going to be a Scottish Highland Festival on the 2nd and 3rd. I want to see me some men in Kilts XD It's a fetish, a sickness really how sexy I find Scots men.

...

On another note, I got a letter in the mail today. It was from the University of Hawaii at Manoa. I was accepted into the school! I still haven't told my parents yet... My dad was being annoying and my mom is really sick. She's trying to stay as far away from me as she can, I cannot get sick before my surgery or they won't do it, and I want this cancer out. Anyway, I don't know if I'll be able to attend, classes start on January 11 and I'll be outta commission still. So we'll see what happens.

Comments