really bad eggs

I went to see my OBgyn today 1) for my two week check up from my previous surgery (that's when they found the cancer) and 2) to talk to her about fertility and what I can do about saving my eggs for the future.

Anyways, because I talked to my OB about future children and egg freezing here are the stats:

Everything is out of my own pocket. Just for a consultation is a few hundred dollars. If they actually do take out the eggs, I have to go on medication to stimulate my ovaries and THEN go into a surgery to take the eggs out, have them process it and then they can freeze it. That's all gonna cost 14-16 thousand dollars.

*hyperventilating*

That is far too much money. OH! and the eggs might not even be viable when they're thawed out. Also even if we freeze the eggs, I'd still need a surrogate, and that's another 20 thousand dollars. Ugh. OH! And, that's even IF I find someone I want to have kids with. I seriously doubted that there was someone out there for me BEFORE this whole thing... Now I'm even more certain that there really is no one out there who could love someone who can't have kids.

.....

Everyone keeps asking me what I want to do. I want to not die. That's my fondest wish. To. Not. Die. At least not til I've had a chance to actually live. Children is something that I can deal with later, because right now in the scope of things that I can deal with, the future isn't really something that I can deal with.

I need a doughnut... one filled with chocolate. *sigh*

Comments