one day closer....

Work today was.... interesting. Everyone who knew (some of the supervisors and a few of my co-workers) all kept asking me if I was alright. Like every five minutes. I appreciate the fact that they're so worried about me, it really does make me all warm and fuzzy inside to know that they care... but it makes me feel like I'm some freaky china doll that's walking and talking and that's gonna break if I move wrong.

So yeah, that was my day. Anyway.

We're one more day closer to seeing the oncologist. One more day closer to finding out what stage I'm in and if this cancer has spread.... Maybe I'm asking too much of this first inital visit. Maybe...

My deepest hope and wish is that I walk into the office, and the doctor walks in and says: "Elaine, I'm sorry, but there's been a mistake, you don't have cancer! It was a false positive! But we should talk about some precautions....."

Thats like. heaven right there. then I get to apologize to everyone that I've told, because the doctor's were wrong, and I'm fit as a fiddle, and cancer free.

Fingers crossed.

Comments