there's a tangled thread inside my head With nothing on either end

So this Wednesday, My sister, Mel, and my best friend, Sunny and I went to the Death Cab for Cutie concert at this place called The Republik. Mel and Sunny are like, UBER fans. They know all the words to all the songs, and all the different variations of the songs and it's dizzying because I only knew a few different songs from them. They were talking about the band members and their songs and I just smiled and nodded because I had no freaking clue what they were talking about, and they knew this and they had a laugh at my expense.

We decided to eat, before the concert because we were hungry, and we didn't think that they would play on time, because in our collective experience, bands NEVER play right on time. They're always late... REALLY, very late. So we figured we had a half hour to play with. So we went to this place in Ala Moana called Island Burger. It was pretty good. The amusing thing, is that none of us got a burger. My sister and I both got salads, and my best got tacos. Next time, I'm getting a burger.

So we made our way to The Republik, which is right across the mall. We reach the building (the venue is on the third floor, if you can believe it.) We can hear them playing already. So we run up the stairs, and into the club, and it is packed with people. My sister wanted to be in front of the stage, so when Ben Gibbard shook his head, his sweat would land on her face. (I say shit like this too, so for me, it's not gross, because I get what she's saying) Anyway, we were able to get to the right side of the stage, and get kinda close... Well, we were standing in front of the huge ass speakers so I was deaf in my right ear for something like 24 hours. There was a constant ringing. We also got a few pictures before the security told us we had to stop taking pictures.

The crowd was a fluid, living thing, when one person moved away from the front, we expanded and took up the space that was vacated, all of us moving together in sync was pretty amazing, and being there with everyone felt pretty amazing too. Being apart of the crowd, instead of holding myself apart, as I normally do. However, even still, I was still alone, because I didn't know any of the words, so I didn't sing and didn't dance. But it was still an experience.


There were so much people who wanted to see this concert, that they had to extend the concert to the next day. I wanted to go again, because I had loads of fun. However, we're all broke so we couldn't go. But I was ok, because at least we went once. 
Also, the first weekend of this month we saw Singing in the Rain at Diamond Head Theater with My mom and her friend Davelyn. 
And the weekend after that we saw Alice in Wonderland. It was a ballet, again, with Aunty Dave, but not with Sunny. And while I find them interesting and fun to watch when I'm at home and can therefore change the channel, I found it more boring in real life, AMAZING, because holy shit they can do those things with their bodies, but I also fell asleep. So there that is.

So that's been my last few weekends. This weekend was supposed to be the Greek Festival, but Mel works and Sunny already made plans and my cousins from Australia are coming down, and I really need to clean the house. Oh, and homework. I'm FINALLY taking my very last class and UGH, of course its freaking Hawaiian class. I think it's unnecessary to have to take this class (its required, because if it wasn't, I would have graduated like two semesters ago)  because I grew up and live in freaking Hawaii. Bah. Stupid. Anyway, I need to go and read something for class. 




Comments