Step on a crack, break your own back

My back is still hella sore. It feels like my lower half is trying to annex itself from the top half. I wonder if the bottom half realizes that it needs the top half.

Anyway, I went to work, and after talking with my boss, who, I would like to add didn't immediately send me home, told me that if I couldn't handle working I could go home. I spent an hour and a half at work before I left. Screw it. I was in pain and making tons of mistakes anyway. All I need is to go to work on Monday and find that I made so many mistakes that I needed to get written up... Again.

I've started making these Japanese fabric flowers in my spare time. Why? Because I'm one crafty bitch and I love to learn new things. You never know when I knowing how to make Kanzashi flowers will come in handy. And actually, its coming in handy now.  Here are the flowers. They aren't mine but they do look like this:


So I've decided that since I'm going to do Relay for Life again next year, I was going to make a bunch of these flowers in the RfL colors, purple, white, red and blue, and sell them for donations. I know that people don't really want to donate with nothing in return, so as an incentive, I was going to sell them. All proceeds would go back to RfL and I figure I could make a bunch of money for the foundation. What do you think, good idea right? Anyway, the flowers themselves are super simple to make and if you have the patience for it, rewarding, because you'll have a beautiful hair clip. The best part is I was looking for a way to use my grandfather's silk shirts, because I didn't really want to give them away. So I figure that I can re purpose his shirts and make some beautiful flowers and wear them and still be able to keep him close. 

Anyway, sitting up at this computer is making my back hurt even more and I need a lay down. I'll post more about the flowers when I make more of them.

So ttfn. 

Comments