Moving on...

Looking through Facebook is always a hit and miss thing. I usually get on there to keep in touch with the daily lives of my Australian and New Zealand family and some way random friends from high school.  I hardly ever post things on there. I don't really want my Facebook friends to know what I'm doing (you, dear reader are the exception to that rule.)
Anyway.  Every so often I look up my ex. He was my first everything... I'm over him.
I was truly done with him when I told him "hey I've been admitted into the hospital." And he said "Sorry I didn't answer you I was having a party. I guess you're ok." Then when i told him I had cancer he basically said "sorry that sucks for you." And I haven heard from him since.
At that point I was done. He didn't even think to find out how I was doing after the surgery. He just.... stopped caring? I donno. All I know is i was done.
Today i decided to give in to nostalgia and look him up on Facebook.  He's in a relationship.  I'm glad for him. But at the same time it stopped my heart for a split second. Everything that I knew about him changed. And our relationship flashed for a second. Bright and sharp.
And it brought into light my singleness. I'm still so afraid of being in a relationship so much that I'm refusing to even put myself out there.
I don't know where I was going with this. But I'll give you a piece of advice: if you tell someone you have cancer and they give you a blank face.... Drop him.

Comments