Wow. I suck at keeping a blog....

Well, hello there.
Lots of things have happened this year and I basically forgot about blogging. Sorry.

First things first, I got the job that I applied for in early January.  I now work at the call center and I have to deal with people who don't know how their cards work... Or people who are upset because they forgot to pay their bills. It's a full time job. I liked it at first but just like any other job, its just work. I'm back to wishing that I didn't have to work anymore and that I was rich and I could take care of all my family. But who doesn't wish that?? WHO?! No one that's who...

Speaking of Who, my sister and I are going to see the Doctor Who Day of the Doctor in the theaters!! I need to wear my Doctor Who shirt with all the Doctors on it. And I need to bring my Sonic. I'm super excited about that.

We got another dog too a few weeks ago. Her name is Oswin (I told you... I'm a Doctor Who fan.) and she's this beautiful little black Chihuahua/Pomeranian mix.

On a less happy note, my dad was diagnosed with cancer... He had (has. right now it Schrodinger's Cat thing.) Colon cancer. He had surgery to remove a bit of his colon, and he did 8 months of intense chemo and now we have to wait until March to find out of all the cancer was taken care of or if its still there. Right now we're just getting back to normal, but his hands and feet are very numb. He started going back to school.. It's really funny to see my dad studying so hard. Now we get to do the same shit that he used to do to us when we had to do homework. Payback is sweet.
Anyway, we've all got our fingers crossed that all his cancer is gone. We were able to catch the cancer fairly early (but still not early enough). Apparently there are two types of people. 50% of people who have colon cancer, will be cancer free with the surgery and chemo. The rest aren't. At this point we don't know if the chemo even worked. That's why its a bit like Schrodinger's cat. Right now my dad is both cancer free and has cancer.

My poor mom is falling apart. Shes got all kinds of gangling cysts growing on her body and they all hurt her....

My nephew just had his 4th birthday on Saturday. I'm feeling awfully old.

I'm also feeling awfully lonely. But I don't think I'd ever admit it. I feel like that's a weakness. I feel like I shouldn't need anyone, that I'm independent and self reliant. But sometimes I do want to have someone there to cuddle with. *sigh* However, being me, I have been single more often than not so I don't know how to be in a relationship. Also, coupled with the fact that I don't think I could date someone, - I'd always be worried that my not being able to have kids would be a deal breaker and he'd break up with me.

Any who, that's the same old song and dance I've been complaining about for the last few years.  I'm hungry and dinner is ready. I'm going to go eat and do some cross stitching (a new hobby I picked up this year) and then get some rest. I need to be bright eyed and bushy tailed to get yelled at by idiots.


Comments