Happy New Years

Well, first off, Happy New Years. I hope that your's is better than mine.

Second, I found out today that my Aunt on my dads side is wanted for bank fraud in New Zealand. Not only did she steal a whole crap load of money from these people, she's disappeared.

Thrid, and by far most important in my life, my best friend in the whole world suffered the worst loss ever. Her dad passed away from a heart attack while he was surfing today. He was already on dry land and was helped by paramedics immediately because they were at the beach watching the waves, but not even they could save him.  We were at the hospital most of the night with them while they grieved...while we grieved. I loved him like my own dad. He loved and treated me like his own daughter. My eyes are sore, and tomorrow is going to be a shit day because I know that I'm going to be worried about my bestie and her family, all day tomorrow. I wish that I didn't have to work so I could be with them. But since I can't take off, I'll have to just get through the day.

I can't imagine starting off the New Year with your parent/husband dying. At least he died doing something that he really loved.

Tell the people that you love how much you care about them, because you never know when that moment will be your last.

Comments