Walls are up. And they're not coming down anytime soon.

Yesterday, on the car ride home my sister said that I don't like to adventure like she does. That hanging out with a worry wort(which I am) is no fun. At first I felt surprised. How could she say something like that to me? I've been protecting her since she was born and all of a sudden I'm boring?
The more I thought on her words I got angry at them. I worry about the people that I care about. They mean more to me, than I mean to myself. And yet, here is one of the very few people in the world I truly care about telling me that I'm boring. It hurts.
Admittedly, ever since I has my surgery I've been more careful, but it's who I've always been. I worry. I'll always be the person who worries about those closest to me. Especially my little sister.
What really bothers me is that she so easily said such thoughtless words to me. I honestly don't expect her to want to hang around me as often as she used to, or as much. She's got her own life and her own friends. And she feels, as my brother did, that there's more exciting things to do than stay at home. And while I feel the same, I also know that I have responsibilities at home that need to be tended to before I can go exploring. I know that's not fun but that's life. That's apart of being a grown up. Making choices on who you're going to be. It sucks. Would that we all could remain carefree and happy. That mom and dad will always protect us and sooth all aches and pains.
But sometimes, once we reach a certain age, we need to take responsibility of who we are, and who we want to be and grow up. And sometimes that means going on less adventures and being a worry wort.
Maybe I've just reached that age where I'm just going to be that person who has no one around them because they all got bored with me, because I worry too much.
I have a feeling that eventually I'll be all alone with no one because I'd have put up so many walls that no one will want to even attempt to scale them.

Comments